6 quail eggs
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
Dash Tabasco sauce
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon snipped fresh chives
3 ounces caviar
- Boil the quail eggs, drain, rinse under cold water and peel. Pat dry.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks with a very small spoon into a bowl; mash.
- Mix the yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, Tabasco sauce and salt.
- Carefully fill the whites with the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with chives and top with caviar.
- Arrange on a decorative cocktail tray (looks extra cute served on a bed of salt or sesame seeds).
What better way to kick off the summer than with a dinner party!? A few weeks ago a girlfriend and I had the idea to host a progressive dinner to ring in the new season. As with all of my parties, there had to be a theme- and this one was Gingham Style! Guests were instructed to arrive in their finest checked threads. We began the evening with festive Southern-influenced cocktails and pickle back shots for the brave. A bluegrass band surprised the group (along with dozens of red balloons and sparklers) and led us over to my apartment for dinner. And the theme didn’t end with the guest attire- the table was dressed to match! A blue and white gingham runner set the backdrop to blue camping plates lined with checkered paper and I made napkins in contrasting gingham patterns. The napkins even had button holes on one corner so guests could attach them to their shirts as bibs. Chicken was fried outside of the apartment and passed through our front windows in baskets to be served French style. It was a truly lovely night! Happy Summer y’all!